PV LUMENS LLP E-WASTE RECYCLING POLICY
The Information and Communication revolution has brought enormous changes
in the way we organize our lives, our economies, industries and institutions.
spectacular developments in modern times have undoubtedly enhanced the quality of
our lives, but at the same time, have led to manifold problems
including the problem of
massive amount of hazardous waste and other waste generated from electric
products. Such waste poses a serious threat to
human health and environment. The
issue of proper management of such hazardous E-Waste is therefore critical to the
protection of livelihood, health and
To deal with this ever-rising problem of E-Waste, the government of India,
through its Ministry of Environment and forest, formulated the
and Handling) Rules in 2016.
PV LUMENS LLP STANDS COMMITTED TO IMPLEMENT THE E-WASTE RULES :
The Basel Convention defines wastes as:-
“Substances or objects, which are disposed off or are
intended to be disposed off, or are required to be disposed off by the provisions of national laws”.
E-waste has been defined as :-
“Waste electrical and electronic equipment, whole or in part or rejects from their
manufacturing and repair process, which are intended to be discarded.”
Whereas, Electrical and electronic equipment has been defined as :-
"Equipment which is dependent on electrical currents or electro-magnetic fields to fully
Like hazardous waste, the problem of e-waste has become an immediate and long
-term concern as its unregulated accumulation and recycling can lead to
environmental problems endangering human health. This calls for an urgent need for
E-Waste Management so as to preserve the ecological balance and
Recycling end-of-life products is vital if we are to save resources and minimize waste.
In this regard, we at PV Lumens LLP have tied up with Reteck Envirotech
Pvt. Ltd, one
of the world’s largest authorized E-Waste recycler, for facilitating our Organization and
our customers to enable them to dispose E-Waste
products after its end-of-life.
AN ENVIRONMENTALLY CONSCIOUS ORGANISATION, PV LUMENS LLP HAS
INITIATED VARIOUS ACTIVITIES TO PROMOTE E-WASTE RECYCLING.
100% recycling and disposal through authorized recycler to avoid the adverse effects of E-Waste.
ADVERSE EFFECTS OF E-WASTE
• Toxic material present in e-waste get mixed with earth, air, water, etc and
causes health issues.
• Oil & Gases which is present in e-waste like compressor and CRT causes
• Batteries contains highly hazardous elements.
• Burning of rubber & Plastic in open area causes air pollution.
• Bad impact on human being, animal, and other animates.
• Wastage of natural resources.
HOW CAN YOU CONTRIBUTE TO A GREENER ENVIRONMENT?
• All electrical and electronic products are required to be handed over only to the
AUTHORIZED RECYCLER for recycling.
• The E-Waste product should be handed over only to an AUTHORIZED
RECYCLER for disposal.
• Keep the e-waste in isolated area, after it becomes non-functional/un-repairable
so as to prevent its accidental breakage.
• Please call on toll free number 1800-120-225566 for collection of E-Waste.
You can also deposit your E-Waste directly at the collection centers.
For information of collection centers please Click here.
Creation requires raw resources. But when we recycle, extant material is put to use.
Recycling saves this extraction of the fresh raw resources, and revives
ones that are no longer of use. This way there is lesser exploitation and more
conservation of natural resources.
Each time we recycle a product, it requires lesser energy than producing a new one
from the scratch. The considerable difference in manufacturing time is
a result of
skipping the usual process of extraction of raw material, its transportation, refining
etc., which is way more than having a market ready product
that to have a raw
material ready for production.
Production and disposal of products require a great deal of extraction, refining,
processing and dumping of material, which have larger impact on the
By recycling, we cut down the pollution of air, water and land, thus reducing the
greenhouse gas emission and avoiding any contribution to
Don'ts for E- Waste
• The product should not be opened/dismantled by the User himself/herself, but
only by authorized service personnel.
• The product is not meant for re-sale to any unauthorized agencies/scrap dealer
• The product is not meant for mixing into household waste stream.
• Do not keep any replaced spare part(s) from the product in exposed area
Terms and Conditions
• This initiative is a step towards our commitment for a cleaner and greener
• This move is one of the ways to show that we are concerned and thus we
request all our customers to join this movement to make it successful by way of
contributing their end-of-life product.
• For more information about e-waste please visit: www.reteck.co
• For any assistance/guidance for disposal of e-waste please call on toll free number: 1800-120-225566
• Products offered for recycling are not eligible for exchange offers.
• The service is available as per conditions applicable in the respective area by
• The service is available as per conditions applicable in the respective area by recyclers.
You can also deposit your E-Waste directly at the collection centres.
For information of collection centres please click on below link.
Click here for collection centres list.