Founded in 1958, Foshan Electrical and Lighting Co Ltd (FSL), is one of the top 5 listed companies in the lighting industry in China. SIEMENS Germany has invested in FSL and is the leading shareholder currently holding 13.47% equity of the company. In terms of the total output of light products, exports, net profits, and other key indicators, FSL ranks first among its Chinese counterparts. FSL has 3 manufacturing base with a total area of 2,150,000 sqm having a staff of 8,300 employees out of which 7,600 were engaged in production activities, around 200 towards the marketing and sales and 425 in the technical department.

Foshan Lighting when established was a mechanical and electrical products export base approved by the state council. Since 1990, the company was named the National Economic Benefits of the 500 best medium-sized enterprises. FSL was listed on the stock exchange in 1993 having a wide range of products such as halogen lamps, compact fluorescent lamps, incandescent lamps and LED series. They have been recognised globally and have won many awards, in 1997 the company was selected as the “top ten chinese light industrial enterprises” and was also named the “top 100 chinese listed companies”. In 2005; they were awarded the National Quality Inspection and Stability of Qualified Products. Furthermore, in 2008, 2009 and 2010 for three consecutive years they won national projects to promote energy efficient products.

The company manufactures a variety of light source products, 40% of these products are exported to Europe, America and Southeast Asia in more than 20 countries and regions. The remaining 60% of the business revenue of FSL comes from domestic sales. The company’s base is at Guangdong province and they have set up more than 2,000 sales outlets in different cities in China. The company focuses on producing high quality, low cost and reasonably priced products to become the customers preferred choice. In the domestic and international markets, FSL is entitled as “China Light King” in the world.